MicroSorb® ER (Emergency Response) is utilized to:
- Preserve wetlands during contemporaneous hydrocarbon surface spills
- Contain (absorb) and treat sudden surface spills or low level historical releases (weeping) on natural surfaces (i.e. soil).
- Treat oily buildup or sudden spills on concrete or other man-made surfaces to eliminate oil and oil odors, reduce slippery conditions, or for repainting surfaces. (See projects D-1 and D-2)
- Initially treat open contaminated trenches, pits, or excavations for “on the spot” cost effective remediation.
- Destroy hydrocarbons in catch basins and storm drains
ADDITIONAL PRODUCT INFORMATION
For spills that occur on soils, loosen the soils with a rake. Spread MicroSorb® ER on the contaminated soil. Use one to two pounds of MicroSorb® ER per 100 square feet. Apply water and keep the soils wet.
Degradation of the contaminant will continue as long as the soils are wet. Soils need to be cultivated to ensure bioremediation will completely destroy a spill. Should the soils become dry, simply apply more water and microbial activity will resume.
For contemporaneous spills that are encroaching on sensitive wetlands, ER that is brought into contact with the contaminate will encapsulate and degrade the contaminate before it can cause severe damage and thus preserve and protect the wetland environment.
If a spill has penetrated the ground more than 18 inches, there may not enough oxygen in the soils to support aerobic bioremediation at that depth and additional measures should be taken with other MicroSorb® products (such as SC-G) and engineering methods.