Microbes at Work
- Break down pollutants (e.g. fats, oils, gases, greases and glycol) released in marine environments, on land, as well as spills in ecologically sensitive and freshwater area
- Reduce organic waste buildup and its attendant odors in grease traps, septic systems, watercraft holding tanks, and other places where noxious conditions exist
- Break down commercial/industrial oily wastes on all types of surfaces and containers either caused by normal operations or due to spills
- Our microbes are unique. They are from the Archaea family (they are ancient & hearty) and have been collected from various extreme environments all over the world including deep sea vents, oil wells, volcanoes, and hot springs. They are specially blended to attack and break down oils and organic substances into: water, carbon dioxide, and harmless fatty acids. They function in temperatures ranging from 32 degrees to 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
- There are more than 100 strains of these naturally occurring microbes in each of our products and they are safe, non-toxic, non-engineered, and contain no pathogens. Our microbial consortium is listed on the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) National Contingency Plan Product List.
- Our microbes are invisible to the naked eye and are housed in clay- based carrier with a dormant shelf life of five years. They are activated with water (salt or fresh) and directly applied to the contaminant.
- Our microbes are highly concentrated (more so than any known microbial product) with up to 5 billion microbes per gram. Once activated by water, the microbes attack and break down the contaminant while reproducing by doubling in number every 20 minutes.
- When wet, they convert potentially harmful hydrocarbon spills into non-toxic beneficial by-products like carbon dioxide, water and water-soluble fatty acids, which are food for fish and plant vegetation.